If you visit several websites every day and you feel tired because you have to keep on opening the browser, type in its name, and find it among the search results, you are in the right place. There are shortcuts, not all of this! You simply place the website on your Android home screen. How could you ask around? Alright, we’re here to give you detailed step-by-step guidance on how to do this easily. Because there are many browsers available out there, we will try our best to explain the process for some of the most popular and most used, the process is almost the same for all browsers. Continue reading this article.
If you use Google Chrome:
Because you are an Android user, you must have the Google Chrome browser already on your mobile system, so you don’t need to download any application for this.
- Open your Google Chrome browser.
- Find the website you want to put on the home screen and open it.
- When you are on the website, click the three dot icon in the upper right corner of your device’s screen.
- The settings bar will appear on your phone after you click on the icon. Now, you have to look for the Add to Home Screen button and click on it.
- After you click it, you will immediately see the website on the home screen. Move a little and place
- wherever you want if necessary. And that’s the whole process for the Google Chrome browser.
If you might be using a Samsung Internet Browser:
- Open the Samsung browser on your Samsung phone or on your tablet, depending on the device you are currently using.
- Search the web for the site you want to add to your mobile home screen tab. You can search for the
- name or access it via the URL. When you find the website that you want to add to your Android home screen, click to open it.
- Look for the three dot logo that should be located at the top right of your phone. When you find that option, click on it.
- You will open a smaller settings tab on your device’s screen.
- Look for the Add button to the Home screen, it should be an option located somewhere at the bottom of the new settings tab. Tap lightly when you find it.
- By clicking on this option you will now have your website displayed and placed on your Samsung home screen. You can always hold the website logo and move it wherever you want. To another place on the screen, or maybe to the second home screen, as you like.
If you use Firefox, Opera Mini, Dolphin or other browsers in general:
If you don’t have Firefox, for example, installed on your cellphone, you can go to the Google Play Store and install it immediately.
- Open your Firefox browser (or other browser, we will refer to Firefox).
- Locate the website that you want to add and open it in your browser.
- Once again, look for the three-point logo that should be on your screen. Click on it so the Settings section will expand.
- Find the Add to Home Screen button and click. Shortcuts to your browser will be created automatically on your mobile home screen.